Egg Donation, a Wonderful Gift
Egg donation, it’s a wonderful way to help others while helping yourself. The power to create life is very empowering, it’s a true super power for young women. The advantages of egg donation are numerous, here are some of the highlights.
Allows you to give the gift of family life to others.
- Everybody knows people who are struggling to have children, it’s part of life today more than any time in the past. There are many reasons for this, including people waiting later to have children and pollution affecting fertility. The cause doesn’t matter, what matters is that infertility rates are higher than ever.
- It can be extremely frustrating for the intended parents. These people are ready to have a family and probably have been for a while. Not being able to procreate like everybody else is very frustrating and depressing for them.
- It takes a big heart to want to help build a family by donating eggs, it’s truly a gift for both the woman donating and the family receiving the donation.
You become aware of your own fertility.
- When you apply to become an egg donor you undergo a number of tests, all free to you. These tests can tell you a lot about your health in general and your reproductive health in particular.
- One of the most important exams is fertility testing, which consists of a physical examination and trans-vaginal pelvic ultrasound (an ultrasound examination of the uterus and ovaries).
- By learning about your fertility early, when you’re ready to start, or expand, your family you will be able to proceed with confidence.
Free drug and infectious disease testing plus a genetic screening.
- Genetic testing can be very expensive, anywhere from $100 to $2,000.
- One of the advantages of egg donation is that you get free genetic testing, a full chromosome analysis. Imagine how much more secure you will feel when you’re ready to start a family if you already know that you aren’t a carrier for diseases like cystic fibrosis, Tay Sachs disease, or spinal muscular atrophy.
You will be well compensated for your time and trouble.
- The whole egg donation process, from initial testing to egg retrieval, can be time consuming. Along with the time commitment, most women also have transportation expenses and many have child care expenses.